Byron is located in southeastern Minnesota a few miles west of Rochester, Minnesota. It is a progressive community with a high respect for education and business connections. The District includes 2 elementary schools (gr. K-2 and 3-5), one middle school (gr. 6-8), and one high school (gr. 9-12). The District also provides early learning opportunities for children age 0-5 and their families, and Community Education Services provides programs and services for learners of all ages, from birth through age 85+. It is a community with a family orientated small-town feeling, with access to amenities that the Rochester area includes.
Learn more about where we are headed by visiting our Strategic Plan Website!
Enrollment and District Demographics
- Total Enrollment: 2,264
- Hispanic or Latino: 92 - 4.1%
- American Indian or Alaska Native: 3- .1%
- Asian: 46 -2.0%
- Black or African-American: 13 - .6%
- Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander: 4 -.2%
- White: 2039 - 90.1%
- Two or more races: 67 - 3.0%
- English Learner: 21- 0.9%
- Special Education: 247 - 10.9
- %Free/Reduced-Price Meals: 218 - 9.6%
- Homeless: 9 - 0.4%