Class of 2021 Song: My Girl by the Temptations
Class Color: RedCap, gown and tassel pick up will be Thursday, May 6th during all lunch shifts as part of the Decision Day Celebration for all in-person students and Friday, May 7th from 9am to 10am for all Family Flex students.
Class Motto: "Challenges are what makes life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." - Joshua J. MarineDecision Day 2021 - Thursday, May 6th during all lunch shifts for in-person students and Friday, May 7th from 9am to 10am for all Flex Students! We are celebrating ALL of our seniors - what they've accomplished so far and what lies ahead after high school. Seniors...WEAR your post HS plans to school this day - college tshirt/sweatshirt, military colors/gear, apprenticeship program gear, hat, uniform, props, etc. GET EXCITED - WE ARE!!!Senior Scholarship Awards Program will be held on Wednesday, May 19th at 6:00 pm at Byron High School. All local scholarships will be awarded that evening. Plan accordingly as attendance is mandatory for those earning local awards. If a student would like to be recognized for a non-local scholarship they've earned, they must submit documentation of the scholarship by Friday, April 30th to the counseling office. All students who will be receiving an award will receive an invitation with 4 guest tickets per family.
Senior Class Trip & Seniors last day of school is Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
Graduation Practice will take place Thursday, May 27th at 9am in the High School gymnasium. Attendance is REQUIRED if you want to participate in the graduation ceremony. If you have extenuating circumstances that makes attending graduation practice impossible, you must receive approval of absence from Mrs. Schroeder in advance.
Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremony will be held Sunday, May 30th at 2:00 pm in the Byron High School Gym. More information regarding capactiy restrictions and attendance will be communicated as they become available.
Baccalaureate...Sponsored by the faith community. Please contact your church for information.
Final Transcripts... late May 2021 is the time to order your final (year end) transcript on www.parchment.com. The college you plan to attend this fall will not let you attend classes until they have your final transcript. ALL TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS SHOULD BE COMPLETED NO LATER THAN MAY 28th. Students who have taken college coursework while in high school will also need to request college transcripts from the college to be sent to their destination college. Make sure college grades have been posted before requesting college transcripts - typically mid June. More information and links can also be found here.
For the Senior Profile in the Dodge County Independent, we will use the picture submitted for the yearbook.
2021 Dates to Remember:
- February 1, 2021: Local scholarship applications available online on Counseling Department website
- March 1, 2021: 3pm: Deadline for local scholarship applications; no applications accepted by email or fax. Paper copies only to the counseling office
- March 17, 2021: Yearbook photo to Mrs. Bordelon
- March 17, 2021: Senior quote to Mrs. Bordelon
- April 30, 2021: Deadline for submission of non-local scholarship awards for recognition at May 19th Award Ceremony
- May 6, 2021: Decision Day Celebration during lunch: cap & gown pick up + 4 more stations!
- May 7, 2021: Caps and Gowns will be distributed in the Commons for Family Flex students from 9am to 10am
- May 19, 2021: Scholarship Award Ceremony @ 6:00pm
- May 25, 2021: Senior Class Trip
- May 25, 2021: Students graduating with honors - make sure all final honors forms are turned in.
- May 25, 2021: Seniors last day of school
- May 27, 2021: Graduation Practice @ 9:00am
- May 30, 2021 GRADUATION @ 2:00 p.m. – HS Gym (arrive by 1:30 p.m.)