Special Education Department
Byron Special Education supports the Byron Public Schools Mission, Vision and Priorities. District 531 special education is a team approach of individualized programming to meet the needs of students, birth - age 21, through collaboration with parents, general education staff, and outside agencies.
- Special education is a service not a place
- All students can learn
- All students are general education students first and will have access to grade-level standards
- In early intervention and partnering with parents and outside agencies to identify needs early in the learning process
- All students identified with a disability will be supported to meet their individual education needs
- All students should and will understand their identified disability and will become an advocate in their educational process