Byron is located in southeastern Minnesota a few miles west of Rochester, Minnesota. It is a progressive community with a high respect for education and business connections. The District includes 2 elementary schools (gr. K-2 and 3-5), one middle school (gr. 6-8), and one high school (gr. 9-12). The District also provides early learning opportunities for children age 0-5 and their families, and Community Education Services provides programs and services for learners of all ages, from birth through age 85+. It is a community with a family orientated small-town feeling, with access to amenities that the Rochester area includes.
Learn more about where we are headed by visiting our Strategic Plan Website!
Enrollment and District Demographics
Total Enrollment: 2,324
Open Enrolled Students: 498 - 21.4%
- Hispanic or Latino: 95 - 4.2%
- American Indian or Alaska Native: 8- .3%
- Asian: 55 -2.4%
- Black or African-American: 22 - 1%
- Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander: 4- .3%
- White: 2015 - 88.1%
- Two or more races: 87 - 3.8%
- English Learner: 27- 1.2%
- Special Education: 257 - 11.2%
- %Free/Reduced-Price Meals: 351 - 15.4%
- Homeless: 13 - 0.6%