RECORDS AND FORMS
Clock hour request forms and local guidelines are available on the Byron website under staff resources.
*** Requests must be submitted within one year of the experience to any committee member.
Clock hour request forms must accompany documentation of each experience except for training experiences offered by Byron District 531, the MN Department of Education, the MN Board of School Administrators, SE Service Cooperative (SSC), the Rochester Area Math Science Partnership, Education MN, Zumbro Education District (ZED) and College Now training at SMSU. For those experiences, submit only the certificate of attendance/clock hour verification as those experiences are granted blanket approval by this committee. The committee reserves the right to adjust or approve the number of clock hours awarded to reflect time in training or learning/hearing/reviewing information pertinent to teaching.
If the experience satisfies one of the special criteria, please note this on the certificate. Special criteria include:
1. positive behavioral intervention strategies
2. accommodation, modification and adaptation to meet varied student needs
3. further reading preparation
4. key warning signs for early-onset mental illness and suicide prevention
5. activities that integrate technology with student learning
6. written statement of professional experiences and accomplishments over the 5 years of your current teaching license in which effective strategies for use with English Language Learners is discussed among other topics.
Teachers may check their clock hours on the following website: