The School Board of Byron Public Schools is conducting a search for a new superintendent. The school board contracted with the Minnesota School Boards Association (MSBA) to provide guidance and assist us with the search.
The Byron School Board seeks a superintendent who:
- Acts with honesty and in an ethical manner with the School Board, staff, and community
- Is a "people person" with proven abilities in human relations and communications
- Works cooperatively with the School Board; provides options and recommendations
- Is visible and accessible to the School Board, staff, students, parents, and community
- Has experience in school finance
- Keeps up on changes in legislation and helps the School District engage the legislative process
- Is a visionary, creative thinker
Previous superintendent experience is preferred but not required.
About Our Community
Byron offers a family-friendly, small-town atmosphere while providing the benefit of living near Rochester, home to the world-renowned Mayo Clinic. Byron is a progressive, flourishing community that deeply respects education and business connections, and its residents enjoy a distinctive and high-quality of life.