Simplified Parent Responsibilities
SIMPLIFIED PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES- We want to give parents the simplest advice possible about assignments, grading, and monitoring your students as they learn how to organize their learning time at BMS. Please follow the bullets below to help your student(s) learn to take responsibility for their learning yet help monitor their choices.
- INFINITE CAMPUS PARENT PORTAL
- Download the Infinite Campus Parent App and set up notifications on your smartphone or device. Contact Laura or Chelsey in the office for the Byron Public Schools District ID.
- Each time a teacher adds a score to IC, a notification will cross the top of your device. If the score is a 1, 2, or Missing ask your student how they are going to fix that and if they need support to get that score to a 3 or 4.
- GOOGLE CLASSROOM
- Have your student show you the "To-Do" list on Google Classroom. They should bring up their weekly assignment list and be able to show you whether each assignment is complete or not.
- Accept the Google Classroom Guardian Invite from the Bears Advisory teacher so that you can receive a summary report and help monitor your student(s) progress. Here is a 3-step info-graphic showing how to choose daily or weekly Google Classroom summaries.